Friday, April 4, 2014

The Rosie Project - Discussion Post #1


Good morning darling bookworms!

If you're keeping up with the reading schedule, you'll be finishing chapter 9 sometime today or tomorrow. If you're like me, you've had to keep yourself from reading past that :). This isn't my normal type of read, but I'm pretty immersed.

Don't forget that this isn't a race! If you're reading slower, no problem at all. If you're reading faster, just remember not to bring any spoilers with you to the discussion. If you're not feeling the book? That's okay too!

Don't think of this as a book report. These questions are just to spark conversation. Feel free to share out about whatever you're feeling. Let's talk The Rosie Project.

==================================================================

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:

What are your perceptions of the book so far? Love it? Hate it?

How do you feel about Don as a character? Do you like him as a narrator?

Share your thoughts on "The Wife Project".

What are your feelings on Rosie?

==================================================================

Share out in the comments below! Disqus has this great feature where it creates a waterfall effect for replies, to keep discussions easy. You might want to sign up for an account. It will notify you if someone replies to you.


My Thoughts?

So far I'm really enjoying this book. It took me a little bit to get used to Don's character, but this is the second book about Aspies I've read in less than a month, so I was ready for it. He still grates on my nerves sometimes though. His thoughts on women border on making me livid. LOL. I just let it go, and move on. I think "The Wife Project" is actually good for him though, because it's pulling him out of his shell. Better yet, I think Rosie is great for him! She's challenging his views, and she's not ashamed of it. I barely was able to make myself stop at the beginning of chapter 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment