Monday, April 14, 2014

The Rosie Project - Discussion Post #2


I'm back from vacation!

Apologies for not posting on Friday, but in all honesty I was caught up in the vacation laziness bug :). I had every intention of using the morning to post it and...well...I went to the pool. It's vacation after all!

In case you missed the original email, you can find the reading schedule here. If you're following it, you'll be finished with chapter 18 or so. If you aren't already signed up for the mailing list, don't forget to do it! Another email is coming on Wednesday to take recommendations for our new read in May.

Let's talk The Rosie Project.

==================================================================

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:

Has your perception of Don changed at all during the last 9 chapters? How do you feel about him coming out of his shell?

Any new thoughts on Rosie and her compatibility with Don?

What are your overall thoughts on the story so far?

==================================================================

Share out in the comments below! Disqus has this great feature where it creates a waterfall effect for replies, to keep discussions easy. You might want to sign up for an account. It will notify you if someone replies to you.


My Thoughts?

It's actually insane how much Don has changed since the beginning of this book! I even notice subtle changes in the way he speaks and thinks. Rosie has totally turned his world upside down, and I think he's starting to like it. I loved how committed he was to all the new things he's learned in the last nine chapters. The scene where he has his first date off of The Wife Project list was also totally hilarious! I'd pay money to see Don break it down on the dance floor. In truth? This book is totally growing on me. I find myself wanting to keep reading past when I know I'm supposed to stop, simply because I can't wait to see how he handles the next crazy situation. Don's life is definitely not longer boring, I'll give him that.

No comments:

Post a Comment