Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Rosie Project - Final Discussion Post


Good MORNING fellow bookworms! Can you believe that this month has already flown by? It's already time for our last discussion post about The Rosie Project. I'm extremely proud of how successful this month of discussions has gone, and so happy you're all rocking the reading! Don't forget, I'll announce the winner of the monthly comment contest tomorrow afternoon, along with our pick for May.

Let's talk The Rosie Project.

================================================================

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:

Let's Wrap it Up!
Share with us your final thoughts on this book.
What did you think about the ending? Agree with it? Disagree with it?
Was this something that you would normally read on your own? Did it pull you out of your reading comfort zone?

================================================================


Share out in the comments below! Disqus has this great feature where it creates a waterfall effect for replies, to keep discussions easy. You might want to sign up for an account. It will notify you if someone replies to you. Also don't forget that the Top Commenter gets rewarded! I love seeing your discussions!



My Thoughts?

I was a little skeptical at first. The closer that the ending came, the more I was afraid that Don would loose himself trying to please Rosie. I should have known better. LOL. He's quintessentially Don, always and forever. I giggled out loud when, right at the time my eyes were all misty with adorable romance, Don commented on how he doesn't understand why people get so attached to fictional characters. Damn you Don. Why do you have to be so practical? ;) I couldn't believe how much I'd come to love his craziness.

This isn't my first rodeo with protagonists who have Asperger's, but it was definitely the most interesting. I loved the growth in this story, the heart, and most of all the fact that the author unabashedly showed that we're all a little crazy in our own way! I'm glad I read this book, and even more glad you all read it with me because honestly? I would have probably never gotten to it on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment