Sunday, September 21, 2014

Discussion Post #3 - The Enchanted



Confession of the week? I totally teared up while reading this set of pages. There, I admitted it. I'm smitten, and I don't care who knows it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discussion Questions:

Due to the short nature of this book, I'm going to keep the discussions very general, instead of giving you specific questions. This week we've been given a lot more information about our characters. We've seen into their pasts, and finally know more about how they are. What are your thoughts on these new revelations?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Thoughts:

So this set of chapters has cemented fully in my mind that this is a book I'm going to love. Unless the ending is horrible, which I doubt, this will rate highly on the "Jessica loved this" scale. All of the new things we've learned about our characters floored me. I don't even know where to start. From the quotes about life that glare at me off the page, to the fact that even the "good" characters in this story are so deeply flawed, this is nothing but interesting to me.

First off, it was startling to finally see names present on the page. Our Priest and our Lady still have no names, but it made me smile a bit that she knows all the names of the inmates. Perhaps even more than the guards around them do. I was also agape at the fact that the Lady has so many similarities to York. Up until now, I just assumed she was doing the same work for him as any other case she'd been assigned. Now that we've met her mother, and heard her story, I think there might be something more to it.

When it comes to the Priest, his story broke my heart. You can see the deep sorrow inside him. The fact that both he and the Lady are broken, and that they are now reaching out to one another, makes me feel a bit happier but also wary. Am I rambling? I'm rambling, I know. This book seems to do that to me. Even our still nameless inmate, and his story are so dark. I don't know what else to say. I just love this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment