Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October Member of the Month!

==================================================================

Sorry for the delay this month guys! Even the best moderators out there get a little flustered sometimes, and I may or may not have slacked off while I was on vacation :p. I hope you'll forgive me. It's a good time to get to know another one of our members though! 

Let's meet our October Member of the Month, Tricia!

***


You know her as TBalla, and as one of the main contributors to our discussions over here!

I met Tricia when I wandered over to BookLikes! For those of you who haven't visited that site, it's amazing. There's a wonderful group of people over there who chit chat about books, support one another, and just have a great time. If you're looking for a place to meet fellow book lovers? That's the place to go!

Tricia was one of the first people to respond to my plea for new people to join the book club. I was pleased as punch to have her too. If you ever have a chance, you should check out her profile over there! She's an awesome reviewer and a fun person to follow!

I'll stop rambling now, and get to her interview. Check back tomorrow for her book recommendations as well!


*If you had to describe yourself in just one word, what would it be?
Jocular


*Okay now that you have us in suspense, elaborate! Why did you pick that specific word?
Haha funny story...so I was quizzing my youngin' for her Great American Spell Check spelling bee, and jocularity happened to be one of the words. Somehow I, along with my daughter, and my guy had never come across this word before! Naturally I needed to know what it meant at that point, so for you fellow confused people (if there are any, totally could be just me) the definition is..."Fond of or characterized by joking, humorous or playful. Sounds appropriate to me, besides someone already used sarcastic :(


*Inquiring minds want to know, why did you join Bookishly Delighted?
I had been searching for a book club for awhile now. I tried my library, and even did a local internet search, and just couldn't find anything. I ended up joining Booklikes some time later, and after following Jessica's reviews saw a post about her book club. I checked it out and of course thought it sounded great, so here I am!


*What's your favorite type of book to get lost in?
Oh my gosh, do I have to choose?? I love so many genres! I guess if the pressure was really on though maybe fantasy or paranormal. I love that with those genres, mostly because there really are no limitations to what can happen, only to the author's imagination.


*Do you have any other bookish hobbies besides participating in the book club? 
Well I absolutely love reading, I typically read around 2-3 books a week on average. Other than that no more bookish hobbies, but I did recently teach myself how to crochet, clearly I am really about 90 years old at heart. So a little less than a year ago my friend, and fellow reading enthusiast, started a book review blog and when she asked me to join I said of course! Feel free to check us out over at bookwormcoalition.wordpess.com


*Where might we find you reading?
Ummm pretty much anywhere I can! I ALWAYS have an ereader or physical book in my purse, that's why they make purses so big right?! I try to get in a little reading whenever I can, but I almost always read in bed at night.


*Who's your favorite male lead in a book? Your favorite female lead?
WHOA. 1 favorite each.....how did you people do this before me?! OK, I guess I would have to go with, for the female lead, Kate Daniels, whom you have meet recently in Magic Bites. I just love Kate! She's strong, inside and out, brave, smart, loyal and a total smartass. It may take her awhile to let people in, but once she does, she'll do anything for them and never turn her back on them. Never a dull moment with her.

As for my favorite male lead I think I'm going to go with Dex Foray from the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Hale. Oh sexy Dexy! He's fantastic! Dex is HILARIOUS, a total smartass, with a mouth worse than any sailor on the sea, he definitely suffers from what I like to call Peter Pan syndrome, he's a man who never wants to grow up (which I find mostly charming, I know, I'm a total weirdo) he's also brave, smart, and will fight to the death for those who he cares about.


*What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading, and loving, Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. It's a fantasy book with a lot of heart. I'm about 60% in and things are really getting crazy now!


*Any final thoughts?
I really just want to say how much fun I have been having reading, and discussing, some pretty awesome books with you all! It's been great trying some new things that I probably would not have picked up on my own, and even better getting to talk about them with you gals! Thanks for having me!



Tricia's beagle, Charlie, would like to thank you for reading about his master!
Now, would someone please bring him some treats?


No comments:

Post a Comment