Monday, December 1, 2014

Final Discussion Post - Shatter Me


So, a week was skipped. I hope all of you enjoyed the rest of the book though!

Let's talk Shatter Me!

==================================================================

Discussion Questions:

* Let's talk character development! How do you feel like Warner, Juliette and Adam have grown over the course of the book?

* We've met new characters. Give us your first impressions of Kenji, Winston and Castle.

* What are your thoughts on the ending? Ready for the next book?

 ==================================================================

My Thoughts:

Ah, this book! I have to say that my favorite part about the character growth is that it's only skimming the surface in this book. Juliette is finally starting to realize that she's strong. Adam is showing his true colors as an all out hero, and our darling villain Warner has a soft side. Well, not quite soft. But definitely filled with obsession. Finding out that he was also able to touch Juliette totally blew my mind the first time I read this book! This time around, it still hit home hard.

I LOVE Kenji, and I promise you that he only gets better. There's a lot of half truths flying around between the characters, but Kenji at least (so far) has had decent intentions. I love his snarky attitude, his carefree and cocky persona. He's hilarious. Is he actually on Adam's side? Should we trust him? Well, that remains to be seen. The fact is that he's a nice addition. Winston and Castle are a little more on the outskirts when it comes to me trusting them completely. They seem to have only good intentions in mind. At least, for the moment, our characters are safe.

THE ENDING! What do you think guys? I feel like this is one of the few books where the ending is relatively happy, yet satisfying. It's not quite a cliffhanger. It is, in the sense that it leaves you wanting to find out what happens next. It's not, in the sense that we don't have to worry about the well being of our poor characters hanging in the balance. I'm curious, how many of you think you'll go out and try the next book?


No comments:

Post a Comment